Here's the link to a playlist of the happy couple's favorite songs that they played on their wedding night. Rob handcrafted the playlist on his iPod and Katie has these comments to make:
They chose "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson as the first song they danced to as husband and wife, "because we wanted to pick something personal and low-key...and short enough not to bore our friends!"
Katie calls "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel, "a guilty favorite...but we figured we are probably not the only people who are ashamed to secretly love this cheesefest." They picked "It Had to Be You" by Harry Connick Jr. because they wanted " a little something for the older folks." They blasted "You're the One that I Want" by John Travolta & Olivia Newton John, because "with a theatrical crew like ours, there must be showtunes!" "Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys might seem like an odd choice, but Katie calls it "a fun nod to my Irish heritage, and to Boston." And of course they had to include "Signed, Sealed and Delivered" by Stevie Wonder, which just so happens to be Rob's favorite song of all time.
As someone who remembers going on my first movie date in 1992 to see Benny & Joon (shout out to Tim Reno, wherever you are), I love what Katie has to say about "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers: "I had to lobby hard for this one to make the playlist...believe it or not, the one and only little girl fantasy I ever had about my wedding was to have this song played. He wasn't sure anybody would be into it, but luckily, people danced their asses off!"
Here's the track list:
1. The Way I Am/Ingrid Michaelson
2. Crazy Love/Van Morrison
3. In Your Eyes/Peter Gabriel
4. It Had to Be You/Harry Connick Jr.
5. (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher/Jackie Wilson
6. Do You Love Me/The Contours
7. Shout/The Isley Brothers
8. You're the One That I Want/John Travolta & Olivia Newton John
9. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)/The Proclaimers
10. Shipping Up to Boston/Dropkick Murphys
11. What I Like About You/The Romantics
12. Walking on Sunshine/Katrina & the Waves
13. Signed, Sealed, Delivered/Stevie Wonder
14. The Way You Make Me Feel/Michael Jackson
15. Groove Is in the Heart/Deee-Lite
16. Forget You/Cee Lo Green
17. Hey Ya!/Outkast
18. I Believe in a Thing Called Love/The Darkness